Friday, July 11, 2008

Game time!

This was the first time Roznava did Kecy camp, so our intern team took more of a behind the scenes role to make sure that logistically things went well at camp. This meant none of us were actually part of English classes or activity groups, and instead we helped prepare and run all the initiatives and games/activities. It was a bummer that we weren't available to be as relational with the students as usual, but I really loved walking alongside this Roznava team and getting to spend more time with them.

And, let's just be honest, I also loved sitting back and being entertained by everyone else participating in these hilarious games that we set up. Here are some pics from this time at camp:









However, we did not get by without being pulled into one of the activities, which was so cleverly called "push the trabant." It involved each activity team pushing our camp leader's trabant (which is small European car) as far as they could on a grassy hill in 1 minute. After each team went, we got heckled into doing it also. I wasn't laughing as hard after we did it...

Here we are in the process of pushing the crap out of that trabant. Right as we started the song "American Woman" by Lenny Kravitz came on... it was perfect.


Post push we all immediately passed out. It was a lot harder than we expected!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness! Laura Troutman! It's been years, and I CAN'T BELIEVE I've stumbled upon YOUR blog! Remember me - Amanda Taylor (now Webb) from Roanoke, VA, I spent the week with ya'll when your church (I think Shandon?) did a mission trip to our inner city. Oh my goodness! How are you?!