Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Team Comes to BA

On Monday, my team and I had meetings in Zilina all day long. We started at 10am and finally finished at 10:30pm. I do not lie. Yes, we had breaks in there, but regardless I was a little brain dead by the end of the day. Thankfully, for Tuesday we decided to have a fun day!! So the next morning we all loaded into our van and headed to Bratislava. Woohoo!! It was the first time for my whole team to come and visit where I live, and I have to say it was quite the pleasant day. After visiting my flat, and of course fitting in a quick meeting, we grabbed lunch at one of my favorite places and then headed to the open-air Christmas Market on the main square. Later we came back to my flat, relaxed, ate some ice cream, and then they were off for Zilina!

Peto H. just bought a new camera, so we got some great shots during the day.

Here we are meeting in my flat before lunch...




A cool pic of Maruska taken at the restaurant. This was just one of many taken during the day though... homegirl LOVES to get her picture taken!



A team photo in the empty fountain outside the Presidential Palace... I don't think we were supposed to be there:



We all stared as we saw this little man carrying this HUGE instrument just outside my flat. This photo doesn't do it justice:



Janka caught me taking a photo with my own camera. And you can see one of the many sculptures placed throughout the old town in BA. During the summer there is some stupid street performer trying to mimic the sculpture. He paints his face gold and has this cardboard box that he's made into a manhole... I'm glad it's winter and I won't have to see him for a while.



Here are some of the pics I took...

This is the picture I was taking when Janka caught me:



Michalska Brana/Michael's Gate:



A tram passing by:



Some shots of the Christmas Market:


No comments: